Lochcarron Covid 19 Community Response Project
Covering, Strathcarron, Glencarron, Lochcarron, Achintraid, Kishorn
Covid 19 Volunteer Co-ordinator Required
We are looking for someone with a good knowledge of the community, able to commit to a regular time slot (average 3hrs x 3 times per week), for a minimum of 3 months, renumeration is set at £10 per hour plus expenses
Given the ever-changing circumstances the role may change in line with policy, as a basic guideline we wish the Co-ordinator to deliver the following;
- Work with our existing team to establish a secure, signposting service, the “first port of call” for Covid 19 related information, the format to include alternative measures to meet the needs of those experiencing digital exclusion
- Understand and be responsive to community needs – work closely with the community and encourage people to provide input to the service
- Establish a befriending chat line service
- Compile a register of known volunteers, seek to extend numbers and engage regular conversation with those involved
- A good knowledge of the Third Sector
- Good IT and social media skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A basic understanding of the Third Sector
Please Note; Given the current circumstances and the need for swift action, please be aware of the following deadlines;
Expressions of interest – deadline for submission April 29th
Commencement – May 4th
For further information or an informal chat, please contact; email@example.com
Lochcarron Community Development Company,
The Smithy Hub, Ribhuachan, Strathcarron,
Part Time General Assistant
20 hours per week
Starting late June
Just get in touch
We are currently seeking applicants to deliver the following fixed term contracts:-
Animateur – primary school/young families
Contract Duration: 20 total days (over March – June 2017).
Contract Description: Design, promote and deliver a programme of creative ‘hands-on’ activities with primary school children and local people that explore the heritage and environmental interest of the ruinous village of Kirkton. A minimum of 6 school days & 8 public ‘event’ days are expected over the contract period. Prior experience of organising and delivering schools- & community-based projects preferable. Evidence of certification to allow working with young people/vulnerable groups is a mandatory requirement of the contract.
Animateur – community/visitor groups
Contract Duration: 24 days (July – Dec 2017) and 36 days (March – Nov 2018).
Contract Description: Design, promote and deliver a programme of creative ‘hands-on’ activities with local people and visitors that explore the heritage and environmental interest of Kirkton woodland. A minimum of 42 schools/public ‘event’ days are expected over the contract period (19 days: 2017; 23 days: 2018). Prior experience of organising and delivering schools- & community-based projects preferable. Evidence of certification to allow working with young people/vulnerable groups is a mandatory requirement of the contract.
For further details & to apply contact: Kristine Mackenzie, LCDC Development Officer
(: 01520 722490 or :: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 15th March 2017.