to join our mailing list, for regular news and updates;
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Households throughout the Lochcarron catchment area received Green Health Packs to their homes this week.
The Green Health packs are an initiative through Think Health think Nature, the funding was secured by LCDC. The packs consisted of Identification cards, Compost, seeds and pots, Bird Feeders and seed and for the children some additional activities and a crafting kit.
Packs were delivered to 45 households across the areas of Lochcarron, Strathcarron, Attadale, Ardaneskan, Kishorn & Achintraid. 77 Primary aged children, Nursery and infants received packs and 2 vulnerable adults.
There are still some bird seed & a few feeders left. So, if anyone was left out then please do get intouch with is at email@example.com LCDC to arrange collection/delivery of a pack.
Affordable Housing in Kirkton Woodlands
After lengthy deliberations Lochcarron Community Development Company is pleased to announce that James MacQueen Building Contractors, Crossal, have been appointed contractors to the Kirkton Woodlands Affordable Housing Project. Phase One of the three phase development will construct 14 units of varying sizes, 8 flats and 6 houses, the option to purchase an affordable plot for self build purposes will also be made available.
Representatives from the Highlands Small Communities Housing Trust (HSCHT) The Highland Council (THC) and Lochcarron Community Development Company (LCDC) will present the plans to the community on 27th July, 4,30-7.00pm Lochcarron Hall, Social distancing measures adhered to.
Our last Community Development Plan was undertaken some years ago, much progress has been made on the projects that were highlighted for development, some are still ongoing. We need input from everyone in the community to determine LCDC’s projects and priorities for the next few years. Please fill in and return one of these forms. PM or email us if you need help with the forms. You can also fill it in online. or download the PDF here Lochcarron Survey June 2020 FINAL
online link – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/lochcarron
We have produced a leaflet outlining the Covid 19 community support response project. this will be circulated widely around the community and is available for download by clicking this link here;
The Rockvilla Guest House has very kindly offered their car park for use as a plant exchange for the ‘ grow your own’ community project. Details will follow.
The free compost is all now allocated ( some bags still to be collected / delivered), thanks very much to all those who volunteered and helped with bagging and delivery. We’re looking into how to get some more as this has been very popular. 🌱
We’re really grateful to all the volunteers and helpers who are stepping forwards to lend a hand and support this Covid19 response project.👏🙏💪
We have information leaflets going out shortly, a website full of information is being worked on and will be up and running very soon. We have homeworkers sewing facemasks and our dedicated phone line will be up and running as soon as the mobile phone is delivered. 😷
Thank you everyone for all your work and efforts !😍😇🏳️🌈
1. Our peat free compost has arrived, it’s free to anyone growing vegetables. It’s in bulk bags, we are looking for someone to bag it into 25kg bags and deliver it locally to households. Expenses paid.
2.Looking for a central location in the village to act as a venue for a book and plant exchange and a volunteer to look after the plants, a place where people can bring along spare seed trays, plant pots etc, suggestions welcome
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lochcarron Covid19 Community Support Fund is NOW OPEN with claim forms available. By the end of the week we will have produced a leaflet outlining in more detail the scope of fund, in the meantime, to give you an idea of whats available see below;
1. Food Vouchers and Food boxes available to those struggling to make ends meet, this might be for any number of reasons; – those awaiting payments from government, furloughed workers, self employed workers, those who have lost their job, anyone whose primary income has been compromised, anyone enduring hardship caused by Covid19. Wood fuel vouchers also available.
2. Travel expenses and hand sanitisers for those delivering basic food items to those suffering hardship, self isolating and the more vulnerable members of the community.
3. Compost for those households growing their own vegetables, seed and plant exchange encouraged.
4. General Covid19 related enquiry/signposting service and chat line, we have a vacancy for a Covid 19 Coordinator Circa 10 hours per week x £10 per hour.
5. Some items of IT equipment for those home schooling – loan service.
6. Home sewers to assist in the making of masks/scarves , expenses available to cover the cost of materials .
In the short term, until we are fully operational, contact email@example.com or ring 01520 722987 if you have any questions
Lochcarron Covid 19 Community Response Project
Covering, Strathcarron, Glencarron, Lochcarron, Achintraid, Kishorn
Covid 19 Volunteer Co-ordinator Required
We are looking for someone with a good knowledge of the community, able to commit to a regular time slot (average 3hrs x 3 times per week), for a minimum of 3 months, renumeration is set at £10 per hour plus expenses
Given the ever-changing circumstances the role may change in line with policy, as a basic guideline we wish the Co-ordinator to deliver the following;
- Work with our existing team to establish a secure, signposting service, the “first port of call” for Covid 19 related information, the format to include alternative measures to meet the needs of those experiencing digital exclusion
- Understand and be responsive to community needs – work closely with the community and encourage people to provide input to the service
- Establish a befriending chat line service
- Compile a register of known volunteers, seek to extend numbers and engage regular conversation with those involved
- A good knowledge of the Third Sector
- Good IT and social media skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- A basic understanding of the Third Sector
Please Note; Given the current circumstances and the need for swift action, please be aware of the following deadlines;